Composing your own postings
- Search before writing. Many topics already exist. Avoid repetition by using the search function first.
- Stay on topic. While even with subject-oriented topics it’s possible for a off-topic remark to occur, these comments shouldn’t be the main component of a posting
- Formulate your questions and answers precisely and understandably.
- Name your sources when you quote or refer to other Internet pages.
- Choose meaningful headlines when creating threads.
- Stay friendly and factual.
- Be cautious with humor and irony.
- Give Feedback.
Of course it’s possible in a forum that from time to time posts and topics can turn up that contradict - more or less strongly - these guidelines. On one hand, the points mentioned are highly dependent on personal interpretation and, on the other hand, nobody’s perfect.
The following behavior will not be tolerated on openHPI
- Personal conflicts carried out in the public sphere
- "Trolling" and "flaming", i.e. releasing posts or topics that are intended to deliberately provoke strong negative or emotional reactions
- Spam, i.e. posts with e.g. advertising contents
- Harassing or threatening other participants
- Language which is hurtful, threatening, insulting, defamatory, obscene, hateful or racist
Depending on its severity, a violation of these rules may result in a warning or a temporary or permanent exclusion from the platform.